Essential oil diffusers are great for the home, office, or any other space for the matter. Evaporating essential oils help to purify the surrounding air, reduce dust and allergens, boosts the mood, and creates an aromatic and therapeutic environment that makes a difference for one’s health and well-being.
Those of you that have an essential oil diffuser, probably love using it, and will never go back to those unnatural, chemically – based air fresheners. For those of you that are looking into getting your first (or even second) diffuser, are probably looking at different types/brands of diffusers. Aside from evaporative or heat diffusers (which usually use candle burners), one of the most common diffuser out there today, is the essential oil ultrasonic diffuser. But, have you heard of nebulizing essential oil diffusers? So what’s the difference between the nebulizer and the ultrasonic diffuser? We are going to take a look at how each one works, and which one may be more effective/ideal for your space.
How The Nebulizer works
The essential oil nebulizer diffuser is quite an innovative device that uses the Bernoulli principle, a theorem of fluid dynamics, which atomizes (forces the breakdown of essential oils into very tiny particles), blowing/diffusing them into the air, by high velocity air pressure. Nebulizing diffusers are considered to be the most effective diffusers. They release a much more potent vapor than the ultrasonic diffusers, since they diffuse oils in their purest form (without dilution), thus creating a more intense aromatic experience, dispersing the scent over a larger area. Even though the essential oils are used up quicker (since they are not being diluted) you only need to run the nebulizer for about 30 minutes at a time. The vapor that is released, is enough to concentrate the space very quickly in that time (also purifying the air), as well as create a lingering aroma for quite a while after shut-off.
Pros for the nebulizer diffuser
- No water used
- Does not use heat
- Maximum output of pure essential oils
- Disperses oils quickly and effectively
- Aroma can cover a large square footage
- Uses the same amount of energy as ultrasonic diffusers
- Oils do not come in contact with plastic – the reservoir is glass
- Some brands are louder than the ultrasonic diffusers
- A bit pricier than ultrasonic diffusers
- Does not humidify or ionize
- May use up your oils quicker with no dilution
- Cannot use diluted blends/oils
- Cannot use water based concentrate
- Viscous oils need to be paired with thin oils for diffusing
- More frequent maintenance
The Ultrasonic Diffuser
The most common diffuser – ultrasonic diffuser, uses water, with the addition of the essential oils. The vibrations from the ultrasonic waves of energy cause the water molecules to separate, creating a water vapor that is released from the diffuser. The diffuser functions as an ionizer which releases negative ions in the air, that combat the harmful positive ions. Alongside of purifying the air and creating aroma, the ultrasonic diffuser also acts as a humidifier, bringing more moisture to the surrounding air which can be beneficial for cold winter months, or dry climates, respiratory issues or skin conditions. Since the essential oils are diluted with water, the released fragrance is not a strong (and this may be preferred for some), although you can leave the diffuser running for up to a few hours (in the appropriate space).
Pros for the ultrasonic diffuser
- Does not use heat
- Humidifies and ionizes the air
- Essential oils last longer since they are diluted with water
- Uses same amount of energy as nebulizers
- Disperses oils quickly
- Aroma is less intense (for those that prefer)
- More “night-light” options with some
- Some ultrasonic diffusers are noisier than other brands/some nebulizers
- Some brands are expensive
- Oils are diluted with water
- Does not always put out sufficient fragrance, depending on the space
Whether this has helped you decide what kind of diffuser you want to get or not, the nebulizer essential oil diffuser or the ultrasonic diffuser are both good options that will give therapeutic benefit, purify the air and uplift your mood. Although the nebulizer is considered to be the better option since it outputs straight, pure essential oils with maximized benefits. Although, it also depends on what a person is looking for, and what they want out of a diffuser.
Goodmart has wide range of diffuser and nebulizer. Take a look if interested .